Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Blog Has Moved!

Last September I moved into a new apartment.  I downsized from 1200 sq ft to 700 because I had fallen in love.  His name is Charlie.

He's a pretty special guy.  Charlie is a miracle dog.  He survived distemper.  He was bounced around the first 6 months of his life from a shelter to a rescue to a loving home and then back to the rescue and then to an animal hospital for isolation during a drug trial for a new distemper drug and then back to the rescue...Whew! He lived with a dear friend of mine for almost 3 months while I looked for an apartment that accepted pets. At last just before he turned 8 months he moved in with me.  He's just beginning to realize that the bouncing around era of his life is over.  He's got a mom. And he's Home.

I've started blogging at my new web site www.ReginaLeeds.com.  I hope you'll check out the new posts.  There was a lag for a few months while I wrote my new book.  It's called Right Size! Right Now!  It's about downsizing and preparing to move.  It came out of my immediate experience and I'm very proud of it.  It will be released in June, 2015 but there will be leaks along the way. Moving other people has been one of my favorite tasks since I started my business 25 years ago.  In my personal space I felt I had the items I truly wanted and needed.  But when you lose 500 sq ft you need to lose furniture and items you thought were sacred possessions.  The funniest thing for me is that I don't have a free sq inch.  If I see a piece of furniture I like or a painting or photograph that makes me happy I have to realize I don't have any free wall or floor space. It's not a big deal.  It is an adjustment.  The less you have the more you appreciate what you do hold dear and the freer you are. That's my takeaway. I'm still practicing what I preach as The Zen Organizer.

I did initial blog posts at my web site about two of my books.  Today I started a new series introducing you to vendors I use and recommend to my clients.  These posts will be once or twice a month. I want you to start early for holiday shopping and of course I just know that someone is having a birthday, wedding or anniversary in your life. Every time I post a new piece I'll pop back here to invite you to check it out. This week my referral is to the wonderful folks at UncommonGoods.com.  I've shopped there for many years.  They have high quality items and many have a touch of whimsy that so appeals to me.  This week I found out they are based in my hometown Brooklyn, New York. How great is that?!

If you have any special blog topics you want me to address please feel free to write to me.

No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing