Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Power of the Past

The man who called me made me smile.  He told me clearly what the problems were and how they had to be addressed.  I wondered why he needed me?

Sometimes we get stuck and the reasons are not obvious. When we met I could feel his energy.  There was something about the task of organizing his new office that had a big emotional charge.  I needed to put on my Sherlock Holmes hat and get to the bottom of the mystery.

When I work with clients our conversations are the equivalent of journaling.  Slowly the story was revealed: he had been in business with a friend who betrayed him.  Setting up a new file system and archiving material from the past were filled with painful reminders of a time he wanted to forget. Once we connected the dots there was a release.

Do you drag your feet about organizing some part of your home or office?  Grab your literal notebook or create one at SpringPad and free yourself from the energetic and unconscious ties to the past.

No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing