Saturday, October 19, 2013

A New Chapter Begins ~

About a month ago I moved into my new apartment and two weeks later my boy Charlie joined me.  He's still a puppy (just 9 months today!) so I wanted all the boxes and packing materials cleared out before he arrived. Even with an organized, clutter free environment I find myself correcting him 100 times a day.  Charlie can find things to chew faster than I can scream: "No!" But then he looks at me with that smiling, innocent face and I remember that he's going to be a baby for a long time and I need to be patient. I downsized from 1200 sq ft to 700, gave away furniture and other items I loved and moved to a completely different part of the city just so we could be together.  I said 'yes' to this journey.  I better enjoy every minute of it!

As of tonight I plan to return to daily blog posts with Friday devoted to animal products and Saturdays to healthy recipes.  Moving is traumatic and even an organized person can be done in by the demands.  Eating well, getting exercise and a good night's sleep are always your allies in the 'War on Chaos' but when you're moving they are truly your lifelines.  I'm delighted to say I followed my own advice and can assure you from personal experience that these seemingly random activities will indeed help you enormously.

I wish to give a shout out to my wonderful friends who all helped in one way or another to make this transition a reality.  You know who are and you know how grateful I am.  I am equally grateful to my readers who have patiently waited for me to return.  We may grouse about some task or project but when your life is in boxes you realize what a privilege taking care of the details of life really is. Faced with a seas of boxes to unpack I would have given anything for a simple afternoon of paper work!

It's late on a Saturday night and Charlie is asking for last spin around the block.  His puppy heart is full of love and he lives to find people and pups on whom he can shower his affection.  Charlie is sometimes corrected by bigger or older dogs who don't want to enjoy his love explosion.  He has been to the emergency room and started life with distemper.  Remarkably he lives completely and totally invested in the present moment willing to let it go when the experience ends absolutely certain that the next minute is going to be the best.  Charlie is unencumbered by the past.  May we all live like Charlie!

No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing