Monday, October 28, 2013

Mirror! Mirror! On the Wall! Who's the Worst Gift Wrapper of All?

There is no question the Mirror would be shouting my name to the Heavens.  I am hopeless.  And because I believe the Universe has a sense of humor during my organizing career I have organized boat loads of women who excel at the 'art of the gift wrap.' Here are some things I've learned from them to comfort those as untalented as I am:


  1. Don't think of it as a chore.  Consider gift wrapping packages an expression of your creativity. It's got to be on display somewhere in your life.  This will be a new avenue.
  2. Buy good quality items on sale and over time build up a quality stash.
  3. Organize your supplies so everything is easy to find and have a space you can either devote to the practice or clear in a few minutes.
  4. Look at examples on sites like Pinterest so you can be inspired.  You don't have to dream up every style yourself! The above image came up in seconds for me.
  5. Consider using unusual items like maps or newspaper to surprise the recipient.  This makes the box part of the gift.
  6. Be patient.  Remember this is a skill and like all skills no one succeeds in a day.
My good friends at The Container Store have a series of videos you can watch. I'll never tell that's where and how you learned the art of gift wrapping. I'll be home practicing myself! Let me know how you're doing or better yet upload some examples. Here's the link:

http://www.containerstore.com/welcome.htm?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Search&utm_campaign=TM|Brand|Exact|Desktop&gclid=CM7rh7qxsLoCFex7QgodTFUAhw



No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing