Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Organizing Tip of the Week: SpringPad!


I've been organizing clients for 24 years and with the advent of productivity apps and computer programs I'm constantly asked which I like best.  I've found many of the most successful to be a bit too detail oriented.  If you bore me in the process you will surely not help my clients whose minds don't automatically gravitate to order.  If you have to spend a lot of time cross referencing then your actual organizing time gets eaten away by organizing tasks.  The very item meant to free you soon enslaves you. 

Now a productivity tool has me under its spell.  It has been described as the child Evernote and Pinterest would have if they got married. It's practical and visual. I'm just starting to learn the particulars and will share tips as the weeks go by.  I hope you will join me in using it to make 2014 our most successful year yet.  I'm delighted to share that I will be doing some fun projects with the SpringPad team.  While I get my feet wet please feel free to surf on over to www.SpringPad.com and see how you like it. Whether at home, traveling with your iPad or on your smart phone you can access your notebooks, cross reference information and add or delete whatever you wish.  

Last night I made private notebooks for the books I want to read, the movies I want to see and dedicated a notebook for all things Charlie, my 10 month old puppy.  (You expect him to be organized, right?)  Keep your notebooks private or share them with others.  Follow your favorites.  All of this practicality and fun while enjoying a visual presentation that's as stunning as you want to take the time to create.  I ask you: as we stare down Black Friday  and a New Year what more could we need to organize our resources and be sure we are on track?

No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing