Friday, July 12, 2013

Belly Up to the Portable Water Bowl!

When I had my first Golden Retriever portable water bowls weren't all the rage.  At first I carried a water bottle and a small bowl in a backpack but that proved a cumbersome solution.  Katie was an athlete who walked 3 miles a day and wanted more! I developed a rather clever way of keeping her hydrated.  I'd take out a large plastic bag and fill it with water from a neighbor's water hose.  It was down home rather than stylish but it did the trick.  Today the marketplace is flooded with choices.  I hope you have something for your pooch especially during the long hot summer month. I found the solution shown above at Amazon.

Remember too that hot pavement can burn delicate paw pads.  Take your exercise breaks in the cooler early morning hours or in the evening.  It seems self evident and unnecessary to say but in my neighborhood when the temperature hovers close to 100 degrees I very often see people riding bikes with their dog running beside them in the middle of the day! Your dog adores you and wants to please.  Return the favor.

No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing

Blog Archive