Monday, July 1, 2013

Fido's Fresh Food

If I had a dollar for every time it happens I'd be a rich woman.  I enter a new client's home and meet a wonderful dog.  As I organize the kitchen I ask where Fido's food is kept.  I'm directed to the garage and find a huge bag of kibble sitting open with the top folded down.  It's a gourmet meal for critters of all types who might find their way into the garage.  The above containers will keep your kibble fresh and safe.  You can store them under a counter and just pull them out at meal time.  I get them for clients at The Container Store. I'm not a fan of kibble but if you're going that route at least keep it safe and fresh.

Good quality organizing tools can be used around the home in ways that are beyond their original purpose. For example a shelf creator is designed to make canned human food accessible on a cabinet shelf.  I like to dedicate one for canned dog and cat food. They're family members too, right? You can see what you have and grab it quickly.  Moving cans around on a shelf in order to find what's hidden in the back is a waste of time and energy.  Gain a minute here and one there and they'll add up by day's end. What will you do with that precious time?  A bubble bath, reading a new book or calling my best friend come to mine. 


No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing

Blog Archive