Friday, June 28, 2013

Organizing Day Pick Me Up!

By now you realize that I am a huge fan of smoothies.  A meal in a glass is just about the best invention ever as far as I am concerned.  When I am organizing I need to keep my energy up and my focus sharp.  I don't have time to stop and whip up a hot meal.  

This week I'm sharing a smoothie I found in a newsletter from Animal Place, one of my favorite farm sanctuary rescue groups. In fact I plan to visit them this Fall.  Here's a link so you can read more about them and perhaps sign up for their weekly vegan recipe: www.AnimalPlace.org.

Doughy Morning Coffee Smoothie
Breakfast

Serves 1

Ingredients:
cup cooked oatmeal (cooled is best - otherwise, just double the ice) 
1 tbsp instant espresso powder
1 cup ice
1 cup non-dairy milk of choice (I used vanilla soy)
1 tsp vanilla/hazelnut/almond extract, whatever you like! (recommended- half vanilla, half hazelnut)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 deglet noor dates (about 1 big medjool)
Optional: cocoa powder for a morning mocha!

Preparation:
Blend. 
Pour in a cup, and you're ready to start your morning :)

Photo and recipe credit to Leslie Kolafa, founder of the blog Flora Foodie.

No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing