Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday is Animal Day!

Several years ago I was in a store with a friend when I saw one of these Paw Print Kits.  I immediately decided I needed one for my beloved Golden Retriever Miss Katie.  She was getting older and I thought this would be a great memento when she was gone.  My friend took the kit out of my hands and insisted I could get it cheaper elsewhere.  You know what happened, right?  Katie was old and the moment passed.  I never did get her paw print.  

My suggestion is to make an effort today to get one of these kits or whatever means of honoring your pet appeals to you.  The kit pictured above is at Amazon and it's one of my favorite gifts for my friends who have dogs.  I have Amazon Prime and it's always delivered within 2 days. I believe they are also sold at stores like Michaels and on the Animal Rescue site.  I hope you go there every day and click for free to help feed shelter pets.  You click and large companies make donations based on the number of clicks received each day.  In addition if you make a purchase part of the proceeds are donated to help dogs and cats who need assistance.

When Katie died a dear friend bought me a wind chime with her name and dates of birth and death etched on it.  There are lovely ways to honor our fur babies when they pass.  I had Katie cremated and her ashes along with a lock of her hair are on my bed side table.   What will you do?  Your choices may inspire others.

No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing