Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Get Shorty ... A Step Stool!

I'm 5' 9" tall and it's pretty easy for me to reach tall cupboards and shelves.  It seems like the vast majority of my clients are height challenged and swear to me that the upper shelves in every room are off limits. It's a crime in my Zen Organizing Bible to waste space because you can't reach it in flats or heels when you can easily hide a step stool just about anywhere.  I've got my three favorites pictured here.

The wooden step stool is for those who need to grab hold of something when they get to the top step.  

The colorful stool is great in children's bathrooms or the pantry.   

The one on top is my personal favorite and yes it's in my home.  Even tall people sometimes need a boost!

You don't have to store items you need and use frequently on the top shelves.  I don't expect you to haul out the step stool every few minutes.  But off season clothing, back up light bulbs or paper products and grandma's china might reside nicely in an out of the way space waiting for that periodic use.  Take advantage of every inch of storage and space you have.  These stools are easy to store, fun, affordable and lightweight.  What are you waiting for?

No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing

Blog Archive