Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Organizing Creativity

Every so often my clients will use an organizing product in such a unique way I  am overwhelmed by their creativity.   I let them know that their solution is one I will now share with everyone I organize. The above product is designed to hold sweaters in a closet when you don't have shelf or drawer space for them.  I rarely use one of these because it's only helpful if the closet is a walk-in and has lots of space. Imagine my surprise when I walked into a client's home office to see one of these hanging in the closet holding office supplies.  How clever is that?!

No matter how you use one of these be sure there's a rhyme and a reason to how you store items.  Sweaters for example would be stacked in color order so you could find the one you need in a flash.  With 6 shelves you could also separate the sweaters by type and save even more time! When you need a long sleeve button down vs a short sleeve pullover, you know just where to look.  If you use one of these for office supplies follow the category principles and keep related items on each shelf.  For example when I have to attach items it's nice to know my stapler, staples, paper clips and various kinds of tape live together in one area.  Create categories every chance you get because they give you automatic inventory control, save time and make you efficient. How great is that?


No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing

Blog Archive