Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Magic Formula: How to Organize Every Project with Ease

The first three years I worked with clients I was sleepless the night before I met with someone new.'What if they ask me to do something I have no clue how to organize?' I fretted.  I lost sleep.  I prayed.  And I breathed a sigh of relief each time I was shown a project and knew exactly what to do. One day I realized that all projects followed the same three steps.  What changed were the types of items I had to organize.  The steps were guaranteed to bring success so I called them The Magic Formula.  What are they?  Eliminate.  Categorize.  Organize. I write about the process extensively in all the books in my One Year to ... series.

I haven't posted in a few days and I wanted to share why.  I had to unpack two families in their homes in two weeks.  While this is my favorite task it's difficult to do two homes without a break.  I had to eliminate some things from my regular schedule and blogging was one of the items.  Yes, it's true.  You can use The Magic Formula to organize your literal life not just the physical projects that will bring order to your physical spaces.

I'm back on track and hope you'll stick with me!

No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing

Blog Archive