Thursday, July 25, 2013

Strengthen that Core!

This blog post is a first for me.  I'm not sharing a product I know.  I'm sharing one I want to try!  If you have one, I want to hear your comments. I plan to get one when I move.

This is an ergonomically correct 'chair' from The Container Store.  I'm forever trying new chairs in quest of the perfect one.  I write for several hours most days and comfort is a priority.  Here's what The Container Store has to say about this hilarious, colorful and utterly charming product:

Improve your balance, promote better posture and strengthen your core by sitting on our ergoErgo Seat! Because it has no backrest and compresses when you sit, it allows for healthy continuous small movements that engage your core and back muscles, building strength, keeping your spine supple, improving circulation and deepening breathing. Studies have shown that this "dynamic" seating can even enhance concentration. It's the perfect height for using with a standard desk, and works for people from 5' to 6'4" tall.
  • Made from durable plastic
  • Holds up to 250 pounds
  • Designed to strengthen back and core muscles
  • Can be used with a standard desk
  • Made in the USA
I made the third bullet bold because a strong core is a great side benefit, isn't it?  Take some time to be certain your chair and your desk support you.  The time you spend working will be more enjoyable and productive.  There's no down side to taking care of yourself. No one wants to be stooped over in his twilight years. Strong core muscles are part of your insurance against slouching at your desk ~ and later in life.

No comments:

What type of information would you most like to find here?

June 2009, in China

June 2009, in China
At the Summer Palace outside Beijing

Blog Archive